CSA FARM Apprenticeship
A creative opportunity to be a learning-member of our CSA farm!
Orkestai Farm offers a season-long learning membership to people of All Abilities who would like to explore what it means to cultivate vegetables sustainably, spend time outdoors, move their bodies, relish in food straight from the Earth, and partake in rich community. Open to the general public. Participants must be 18 or older. No previous farming experience necessary, only a sincere desire to engage in dynamic learning opportunities. We accept approximately 10 Farmers per season, and give priority to those who can commit to the entire 6 month mentorship.
The Basics :
- Two hours of experiential farm learning twice per week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays (your choice of morning or afternoon sessions, as scheduling allows).
- The option to stay (or come early) for Noon lunch hour with your fellow farmers & staff.
- A choice of vegetables each week to bring home for sampling.
- Free Access to Expressive Agriculture Events : when family, friends, CSA veggie members, and the general public creatively and artfully enjoy the farm together.
- Yoga on the Farm by Untied We Om.
- Access to the Planting Fields’ trails, greenhouses, and natural spaces
- A certificate of completion at the end of the season
The Apprenticeship runs for approximately 6 months from:
Tuesday April 18, 2017 - Thursday October 12, 2017
The Learning Membership Fee is $600.